"Samba 4 DosEmu" project is supposed to provide access to samba resources from within DosEmu without extra drivers and extra DOS software. It should be a good substitute for using Novell network resources thanks to the locking support being implemented. So far second beta was released and is available for download.
- reduces DOS memory usage - you don't have to load extra drivers and network software,
- it's the only known way for direct access to samba resources inside DosEmu,
- very good support for file locking,
- you don't have to mount samba resources to access them,
- doesn't require root privileges,
- while "Samba 4 DosEmu" uses newest samba client library you'll have no problems to access newest samba servers.